I had the pleasure of attending the media tour on July 8, 2016 for Markham Ribfest that took place in Markham Civic Centre thanks to Sweven Media. We got to try all the Ribbers and most of the food trucks available.
List of Ribbers:
1. Billy Bones BBQ
2. The Crazy Canuck
3. Gator BBQ
4. Bad Wolf BBQ
5. Tennessee Fatbacks
6. Brickyard BBQ
My favorite ribs was hands down Billy Bones BBQ! They had the most tender fall-of-the-bone ribs that the other Ribbers just wasn’t able to do.
Gator BBQ’s pulled pork was amazing – tender and flavourful pork with some fattiness to it.
Brickyard BBQ’s Jerk Chicken was an eye-opener. Most juicy and tender chicken I’ve had. And the jerk spiciness was flavourful with the perfect amount of spice.
List of Food Trucks and Vendors:
1. Utopia Bubble Tea and Cafe
2. Pappas Greek On Wheels
3. Mustache Burger
4. Urban Smoke Fusion BBQ
5. Summer Time Lemonade
6. Coconut Island
7. Funnel Cake Express
8. Koi Gourmet Food Truck
9. Ontario Corn Roaster.Cob
10. Blooming Onion
11. BeaverTails – Queues de Castor
12. CoCo Fresh Tea & Juice Ontario
I always cannot get enough of Blooming Onions. It’s one of my favorite festival foods as I like onion rings in general.
There were a couple of note worthy items for me:
– Koi Food Truck’s fish and chips was so good! Sapporo Beer battered, the fish was perfectly cooked with crispy batter. I loved that the batter had a strong beer taste.
– Pappas Greek On Wheels’ Florina Fries (Fries with Feta, Gravy, Gyro Meat and Tzatziki) was a great mix! It’s like eating a gyro sandwich as a poutine.
– Ontario Corn Roasters’s Corn on the Cob was one of the juiciest and sweetest corn I’ve had. And love the spice they added on the corn.
– Mustache Burger impressed me with the double layer burger I got to try. The patties were so juicy and flavourful, and had a thin bun.
Markham Civic Centre – 101 Town Centre Blvd
DISCLAIMER: Though the food and drinks were provided complimentary as part of the media tour, the opinions in this post are my own.