Skyland at Shenandoah National Park is right at the heart of Shenandoah National Park, nestled at Skyline Drive’s highest elevation of 3,680 feet! They have two dining options: the Pollock Dining Room, which serves regional specialties with farm-to-fork flavors and amazing views of the Shenandoah Valley, and the Mountain Taproom for drinks and live entertainment every night.
Since Skyland is at the highest elevation, it has some great views as you dine at Pollock Dining Room! When we went though, the park was so foggy that we couldn’t see the view beyond! We went during lunch time. They have different menu during lunch and dinner, and some seasonal menu.
For appetizers, we had the following:
– Maryland Crab Cakes – $10 – sauteed, remoulade sauce, corn and black bean salsa
– Sweet Potato Poutine – $12 – sweet potato waffle fries, pulled pork, blackberry demi crumbled goat cheesem crispy sage
– Corn Chowder Soup Bowl – $6
The Small Plates here are very good! My favorite is the Maryland Crab Cakes, which I highly recommend for Seafood Lovers! The entire big lump of crab cake is packed with crab and no fillers.
The sweet potato poutine is good to share, or eat as an entree. It’s huge and you get mounds of delicious pulled pork.
For mains, we had the following:
– Gourmet Burger – $16 – grilled local ground beef, gouda, sauteed onions, garlic aoili, brioche bun, with additional Edwards Virginia Ham add-on (+ $3.50)
– Addie’s Pasta – $16 – whole wheat linguini, seasonal veggies, fresh basil, ham, garlic lemon butter wine sauce
– Pollock Turkey Pot Pie – $14 – celery, carrot, onion, potato, flaky crust, house salad
– White Oak Chicken – $26 – roasted chicken breast, apple, Virginia Edwards ham stuffing, apple butter, seasonal vegetable
To be honest, I found the mains underwhelming and prefer the Small Plate items. They really make the pub food well here as the Gourmet Burger was amazing and which I recommend. The gourmet burger was very flavourful especially with the gouda, which enhanced the burger because it melted from the heat! Virginia ham is very popular in the state so it’s good you have the option to top it off. If you’re not going anywhere else for Virginia Ham, then definitely do the add-on!
For desserts, we had the following:
– Signature Blackberry Ice Cream Pie – $8.50 – graham cracker crust, blackberry ice cream, meringue top, blackberry compote
– Pecan Pie – $7 – coppy fox whiskey sauce
– Seasonal Apple Pie
They do desserts really well here as well. But one thing I was so impressed and I highly recommnd here is their Signature Blackberry Ice Cream Pie! Trust me on this – I normally don’t even eat blackberry but I really loved it!
For more photos/videos, please visit my Media Page: Skyland’s Pollock Dining Room Media Tasting 2016
Disclaimer: Although the food was complimentary provided by Go Shenandoah in collaboration with Virginia Tourism Corporation, the opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of the companies.
Skyland at Shenandoah National Park
Skyland, Skyline Dr Mile 41.7 & 42.5, Shenandoah National Park, VA 22835
For photos/videos of Virginia, please visit my gallery: Travelling Foodie Does Virginia