One thing you’re going to love about Toronto is its food scene due to its diverse communities. A lot of people ask me for my favourite restaurants in Toronto so I’ve decided to make a post about it.
To make the list more relevant, I only included restaurants that I actually visited in 2016. This makes sure I exclude some favourites that I haven’t been back to in more than year.
Some of the restaurants here are my go-to that I still frequent, and some are new restaurants that opened in 2016. This list also includes restaurants in GTA. In alphabetical order,
- Alo Restaurant – French tasting menu with a Michelin-level experience. Just crowned No. 1 in Canada’s 100 Best Restaurants in 2017. Check out my review of Alo.
- Boralia – Creative Canadian dishes that take you back in history with food
- Burrito Boyz – My favourite burrito joint since 2007
- Byblos – Best (Eastern) Mediterranean restaurant
- Casa Manila – Best Filipino restaurant
- Doma – This new French-inspired Korean restaurant is a breath of fresh air in Asian Fusion. Check out my review of Doma.
- El Caballito – My go-to for #TacoTuesdays where they serve really good tacos for $3.50
- Fishman Lobster Clubhouse – My favourite lobster place, and a great seafood restaurant in general
- Gyubee – AYCE Japanese BBQ serving premium quality meat. Check out my review of Gyubee.
- Japango – My favourite sushi joint in Downtown Toronto
- Kaiju – This hidden gem at The Shops At Aura Food Court serves the best Japanese curry in Toronto
- KaKa All You Can Eat – One of my favourite Japanese AYCE restaurant for its aburi sushi and some items not found in other AYCE places
- Lai Wah Heen – This upscale Chinese restaurant serves some of the best dimsum in Toronto. It was No. 79 in Canada’s 100 Best Restaurants in 2016.
- Le Baratin – This new French restaurant serves some of the best French food at a very reasonable price. Check out my review of Le Baratin.
- Loka – Menu changes daily based on local ingredients sourced on the same day
- Matsuda (Don Mills Location) – My overall favourite Japanese AYCE restaurant. Amazing grilled items and has both amaebi (sweet shrimp) and ika (squid) sashimi
- MeNami – Best place for udon
- Millie – Best place for mille crepe cakes
- Muncheez – Never was into savoury crepes until I went here. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can try oven-roasted crickets here.
- Olde Yorke Fish and Chips – Best for fish & chips and onion rings! Check out my review of Olde York Fish & Chips.
- Pai – My favourite place for Thai food
- Pancho’s Bakery – Best place for churros
- Peking Duck Kitchen – This new hidden gem Peking Duck restaurant has become my favourite. The Chef used to work for Beijing’s top peking duck restaurant, Quanjude
- Peter’s Fine Dining – My favourite steakhouse overall and it’s in Markham
- Pizzeria Libretto – My favourite place for Italian pizza
- Ramen Isshin – They have unique ramen offerings like the Black Sesame Tan Tan Noodle and Shoyu Kotteri Tsukemen
- Sansotei – My favourite for ramen. I always get the Tonkotsu Black.
- Terroni – My favourite for general Italian food.
- Zen Japanese Restaurant – My favourite sushi joint overall
Which of my favourite Toronto restaurants have you visited? What are your favourite restaurants in Toronto that were not in this list? Let me know!
Travelling Foodie’s Favourite Toronto Restaurants 2016 Map:
Follow Travelling Foodie’s Journey on Instagram (Food) | Instagram (Travel) | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Pinterest