If you see me, you’ll usually see me with my messenger bag. I have grown used to carrying it around with me in my travels because of things I need with me that won’t fit in my pocket. I bought this Kenneth Cole Reaction Messenger Bag from Wilson’s Leather in the US because it was very stylish, had a lot of compartments and was heavily discounted that time. It’s just the perfect size – bigger than pockets and smaller than backpacks.
As I travel both locally and abroad, I find I have a fixed set of things I usually have in my bag. Here are 10 things in your messenger bag when travelling:
- Headphones – You know you want to just listen to your own thing when you’re commuting on the subway, bus, train or airplane. I currently have a Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones. If you read my review, these headphones are so portable that they fit snugly in the bag.
- Phone, tablet or e-reader – With phones getting bigger and bigger, some people prefer storing them in the bag. I usually put my Nexus 6P Smartphone – I in my pocket. However, when I’m charging my phone with a portable charger or I’m wearing something with little or no pockets, I usually put the phone in the bag. For some people, this can easily be an e-reader or a tablet.
- Portable Charger – You know you don’t want to get stuck without your electronics. I actually bring two chargers because I cannot have my phone die on me. My Nexus 6P has been weird where it sometimes die on 20% or more battery life. Anybody else has this problem? Luckily, during the CES, I was able to snag a few that I always use now – specifically the myCharge RazorUltra Portable Charger.
- Sunglasses – Gotta keep them handy when I’m going out during the day.
- Coupons/Vouchers – Some of you probably have them in your wallet. I have a stack of these that I keep in my bag so it’s handy and doesn’t clutter my wallet.
- Business Cards – You’ll most likely have this in your wallet as well. But I keep extras in the bag – and I also keep business cards from other people here when travelling.
- Hand sanitizer – Dirty hands is always an issue. I try to keep a hand sanitizer in my bag, usually a Purell hand sanitizer.
- Random stuff – pens, vitamins, lip balm, pocket tissues, etc…
- Passport – Makes sense when you’re travelling.
- Travel Wallet – This maybe the least common. But no joke, I have an extra wallet for when I travel outside Canada. My home wallet has so much more things that I don’t really need when I travel. This also allows me to split the currency easily. Right now, my travel wallet’s a Tommy Hilfiger trifold wallet, which I’m not too fond of because you can actually put less on a trifold since it gets fat very easily.
Kenneth Cole Reaction Messenger Bag
Just an overview of the messenger bag so you can see how all the things above can fit.
The exterior features durable 1680D and dobby polyester with PVC trim and fully lined interior, roomy, single gusset top zip construction. The front exterior features an open top pocket and two zipper pockets for quick access.
The front exterior zipper pocket features an organizer to hold your business essentials. This includes an open top mesh pocket, a zipper pocket, a phone pocket, and pen holders.
The main compartment includes an ipad/tablet pocket and is padded to hold a 12.1-inch laptop or tablet.
The rear exterior has a grab strap for easy handling, permanent, adjustable, and padded shoulder strap.
I really love this bag and highly recommend it. You can probably buy it from a store or thru Amazon.