Love kebabs? This Air Fryer Kofta Kebab recipe will give you a taste of the Middle East!
We make beef kofta in air fryer because it’s such a quick and easy recipe, and it comes out like it was grilled!
This Middle Eastern dish is perfect for meal preps, snacks, appetizers and main dish!
What is Kofta?
Kofta is a kind of meatball dish commonly found in the Middle East like Turkey, Lebanon, Iran and Armenia.
They are usually found as street food and also homemade at home with different family recipes.
Kofta is basically made with minced meat, spices and other ingredients like onions and garlic.
Different countries and regions use different minced meat like beef, chicken, lamb, mutton and even pork.
Though koftas can be fried, steamed, poached and baked, they are most popular as grilled.
And if you don’t happen to have a grill, the next best thing is air fryer!
Air fryers are so good for no-grill grilled food recipes.
Travel to the Middle East at home with me, and I hope you enjoy this air fryer kofta kebab recipe!
What You Need For Air Fryer Kofta Kebab
- Air Fryer – I used the Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven TOA-60 for this beef kafta recipe. Other brands will work but you might need to adjust timing/temperature.
Beef Kofta Ingredients
- Ground Beef – I love beef and it’s easily accessible so I made beef kofta. Depending on your meat preference, you can definitely use others.
My next pick would be ground lamb though it is more expensive and harder to find in grocery. Lamb Koftas are very popular street food in the Middle East.
- Garlic – fresh garlic to enhance the flavour and aroma of the kofta.
- Greek Seasoning – this blend already contains herbs and spices commonly used in the Middle East: onion, garlic, oregano and mint
- Red Onion – fresh onions to enhance the flavour and aroma, plus it adds a crunch and spicy kick.
- Sumac – an essential Middle Eastern ingredient that adds tanginess and notes of citrus.
How To Make Kofta Kebab In Air Fryer
Beef Kofta has never been easier with this air fryer recipe!
Mix and combine all the ingredients.
Turn the beef mixture into oval shaped koftas.
Layer the kofta kebabs on the air fryer basket.
Make sure you don’t overlap and overcrowd so the heat circulates on the chicken properly.
How long do you cook beef kofta in an Airfryer?
Run the kafta in air fryer for 10 minutes at 350F (177C).
You don’t need to oil the basket nor the kofta because the beef has some oil already.
This has been tested with the Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven TOA-60.
If you use a different Air Fryer or meat, you might need to adjust the timing or temperature.
Enjoy them on its own as a snack, appetizer, main dish or entree.
You can skewer it like a typical kebab, but I prefer adding the sticks after the koftas are cooked.
Other Quick and Easy Recipes
- Air Fryer Bacon
- Air Fryer Mediterranean Chicken Breast
- Instant Pot Jerk Ribs
- Avocado Blueberry Smoothie
- Prosciutto Arugula Pizza
What To Serve With Beef Kofta
Air Fryer Beef Kofta Recipe
Be sure to bookmark/save/pin this post so you can easily make delicious kofta kebab in air fryer!
I would love to see how this recipe worked for you! Please share your creations with me on social media and tag me so I can check them out: @TravellingFoodie on Instagram & Facebook and @TravellinFoodie on Twitter.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix ground beef, garlic, onions, Greek seasoning and sumac.
- Make 6 oval koftas by rolling the beef mixture.
- Put raw beef koftas on air fryer basket without overlapping and crowding.
- Cook koftas in air fryer for 10 minutes at 350F (177C).
- If you prefer lamb kofta, replace ground beef with ground lamb.
- If you want them as skewers, I recommend inserting the sticks after the koftas are cooked instead of before. This makes sure the sticks (if using wooden ones) don't burn. It is also harder to fit the sticks inside the air fryer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 508mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 23g
Please note that nutrition information you see is provided and automatically calculated by Nutritionix. This may vary depending on the specific ingredients that you use. To ensure the most accurate information, I suggest entering your specific ingredients into a nutrition calculator.
Hope this Air Fryer Kofta Kebab recipe gives you an idea on how to make beef kofta without a grill.
It’s such a great way to make these flavouful and juicy kebabs using an air fryer!