Want to know how to cook frozen chicken wings in Ninja Speedi?
It’s nice to have frozen chicken wings handy in the freezer when you don’t have time to make chicken wings from scratch.
Ninja Speedi can make frozen chicken wings without thawing or defrosting!
These frozen chicken wings come out juicy and delicious as appetizers and snack, especially for game day.
What You Need For Ninja Speedi Frozen Chicken Wings
We are using the Ninja Speedi Rapid Cooker & Air Fryer to cook frozen chicken wings.
Ninja Speedi is such a unique air fryer type because it can steam and air fry with features that allows you to make “steamed then air fried” dishes in one shot.
You only need two ingredients!
- Frozen Chicken Wings
How To Cook Frozen Chicken Wings in Ninja Speedi
It’s very easy to cook frozen chicken in Ninja Speedi without thawing, and it’s a set and forget way of making them.
Let me show you how.
Add 1/2 cup of water on Ninja Speedi inner pot.
Place crisper tray on bottom position.
Put the frozen chicken wings on top of the crisper tray.
Close the Ninja Speedi lid and turn the unit on.
Flip the switch to Rapid Cooker and select STEAM & CRISP.
Set temperature to 450F (or 230C).
Set timer to 15 minutes and press Start.
Optionally, flip half way for even crisping. But if you don’t want to come back mid-way to flip, it’s still fine.
When cooking is complete, open the lid and remove the crispy chicken wings.
Enjoy chicken wings from frozen with Ninja Speedi!
The steam & crispy feature helps lock in the juices and then make it crispy after.
If you want it saucy or with dipping, check out this quick BBQ sauce I made for Air Fryer BBQ Pork Tenderloin.
What To Serve with Chicken Wings
Ninja Speedi Frozen Chicken Wings can be enjoyed on their own as snacks, but they also go well with these side dishes:
Can You Use Speedi Recipe on the Ninja Combi?
With the Ninja Combi All-in-One Multicooker, Oven and Air Fryer, you might be wondering if Ninja Speedi recipes will work for the Combi as well.
I don’t have a Ninja Combi, but, on researching the functionalities and customer feedbacks who have both, here are my findings:
- Ninja Combi seems to be just an updated version of the Ninja Speedi.
- The Combi basically has the same features as Ninja Speedi.
- It’s just that Ninja Combi is bigger and in a oven-style, loading from the front instead of the top.
- Instead of Speedi Meals, you use Combi Meals function.
- The Speedi has inner pot and crisper tray and the Ninja Combi has a bottom pan and bake tray for the two-level cooking.
- Whereas the Speedi is good cooking meals for 1-2 people, the Combi is good for families and parties.
- Customers who have used both Speedi and Combi say the recipes are interchangeable because of the same setup and features.
So it seems like Ninja Speedi Recipes can be Ninja Combi Recipes.
If you’ve tried a recipe in both Speedi and Combi, let me know your experience.
Ninja Speedi Frozen Chicken Wings Recipe
Be sure to bookmark/save/pin this post so you can easily cook frozen chicken wings in the Ninja Speedi Rapid Cooker & Air Fryer without defrosting.
I would love to see how this recipe worked for you! Please share your creations with me on social media and tag me so I can check them out: @TravellingFoodie on Instagram & Facebook and @TravellinFoodie on Twitter.
- 1 lbs Chicken Wings (frozen)
- 1/2 cup Water
- Add water to Ninja Speedi inner pot
- Place crisper tray on bottom position
- Place frozen chicken wings on the crisper tray and close the lid
- Close the lid and flip the SmartSwitch™ to RAPID COOKER
- Select STEAM & CRISP, set temperature to 450°F (230°C), and set time for 15 minutes
- Press START/STOP to begin cooking (the unit will steam for approximately 4 minutes before crisping.
- Optionally, flip chicken wings half way during the timer
- Once completed, transfer chicken wings to plate
- Enjoy your Ninja Speedi Frozen Chicken Wings!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1486Total Fat: 110gSaturated Fat: 39gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 62gCholesterol: 372mgSodium: 1787mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 77g
Please note that nutrition information you see is provided and automatically calculated by Nutritionix. This may vary depending on the specific ingredients that you use. To ensure the most accurate information, I suggest entering your specific ingredients into a nutrition calculator.
Hope this easy Ninja Speedi Frozen Chicken Wings recipe gives you an idea on what frozen foods to cook in Ninja Speedi.
It’s so easy to whip up chicken wings for game day or quick appetizer or snack with this recipe!