Want to know how to cook home fries in Ninja Speedi?
When you go to a restaurant for breakfast, especially a diner, the dishes come with home fries.
But why wait to go to a restaurant when you can make it at home anytime!
The Ninja Speedi Home Fries are so easy to make and so good!
These crispy home fries are great as an appetizer, snack or side dish.
Why Make Home Fries in Ninja Speedi
But first, what are home fries?
Home fries are cubed potatoes that are typically pan- or skillet-fried.
It’s a popular side dish in North America for breakfast.
Typically when making Air Fryer French Fries, you would parboil the potatoes first before air frying.
This is why home fries is one of the best Ninja Speedi recipes you can make.
Ninja Speedi can do both steam and air fry in one cooking.
The steaming acts as “parboiling” the potatoes which helps cook off some of the starch and makes a coating that gets air fried for better crispiness.
What You Need For Ninja Speedi Home Fries
We are using the Ninja Speedi Rapid Cooker & Air Fryer to cook home fries.
Ninja Speedi is such a unique air fryer type because it can steam and air fry with features that allows you to make “steamed then air fried” dishes in one shot.
- Yellow Potato
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Cracked Pepper
How To Cook Home Fries in Ninja Speedi
It’s very easy to cook home fries in Ninja Speedi, and it’s a set and forget way of making them..
Let me show you how.
Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch cubes.
Rinse and dry the potatoes.
In a small bowl, add potatoes, olive oil, sea salt, pepper and paprika.
Toss to mix and coat.
Add 1/2 cup of water on Ninja Speedi inner pot.
Place crisper tray on bottom position.
Put the seasoned cubed potatoes on top of crisper tray.
Close the Ninja Speedi lid and turn the unit on.
Flip the switch to Rapid Cooker and select STEAM & CRISP.
Set temperature to 450F (or 230C)
Set timer to 15 minutes.
When cooking is complete, open the lid and remove the home fries.
Enjoy crispy home fries made with Ninja Speedi!
What To Serve with Home Fries
- Instant Pot Pork Ribs
- Ninja Speedi Steak
- Air Fryer Fried Fish
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
Can You Use Speedi Recipe on the Ninja Combi?
With the Ninja Combi All-in-One Multicooker, Oven and Air Fryer, you might be wondering if Ninja Speedi recipes will work for the Combi as well.
I don’t have a Ninja Combi, but, on researching the functionalities and customer feedbacks who have both, here are my findings:
- Ninja Combi seems to be just an updated version of the Ninja Speedi.
- The Combi basically has the same features as Ninja Speedi.
- It’s just that Ninja Combi is bigger and in a oven-style, loading from the front instead of the top.
- Instead of Speedi Meals, you use Combi Meals function.
- The Speedi has inner pot and crisper tray and the Ninja Combi has a bottom pan and bake tray for the two-level cooking.
- Whereas the Speedi is good cooking meals for 1-2 people, the Combi is good for families and parties.
- Customers who have used both Speedi and Combi say the recipes are interchangeable because of the same setup and features.
So it seems like Ninja Speedi Recipes can be Ninja Combi Recipes.
If you’ve tried a recipe in both Speedi and Combi, let me know your experience.
Ninja Speedi Home Fries Recipe
Be sure to bookmark/save/pin this post so you can easily cook home fry potatoes in the Ninja Speedi Rapid Cooker & Air Fryer!
I would love to see how this recipe worked for you! Please share your creations with me on social media and tag me so I can check them out: @TravellingFoodie on Instagram & Facebook and @TravellinFoodie on Twitter.
- In a small bowl, add potato cubes with oil, salt, pepper and paprika, then toss to combine
- Add water to Ninja Speedi inner pot
- Place crisper tray on bottom position
- Place potato cubes on the crisper tray and close the lid
- Close the lid and flip the SmartSwitch™ to RAPID COOKER
- Select STEAM & CRISP, set temperature to 450°F (230°C), and set time for 15 minutes
- Press START/STOP to begin cooking (the unit will steam for approximately 4 minutes before crisping.
- Transfer potatoes to plate
- Enjoy your Ninja Speedi Home Fries!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1184mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 5gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Please note that nutrition information you see is provided and automatically calculated by Nutritionix. This may vary depending on the specific ingredients that you use. To ensure the most accurate information, I suggest entering your specific ingredients into a nutrition calculator.
Hope this easy Ninja Speedi Home Fries recipe gives you an idea on what you can make with your potatoes.
If you’re looking for vegetarian/vegan recipes, these home fries make awesome appetizer, snacks or side dish.