One thing you’re going to love about Toronto is its food scene due to its diverse communities.
With the plethora of restaurants and cuisines to choose from, including new restaurants popping up every week, a lot of people ask me for my favourite restaurants in the city.
I’ve decided to make a post on some of the best restaurants in Toronto on a wide range of categories.
Some of the restaurants here are my go-to that I still frequent, and some are new restaurants. This list also includes restaurants in the Greater Toronto Area. In alphabetical order,
- Alo Restaurant – French tasting menu with a Michelin-level experience. Just crowned No. 1 in Canada’s 100 Best Restaurants in 2017.
- Burrito Boyz – My favourite burrito joint since 2007
- Byblos – Best (Eastern) Mediterranean restaurant
- Casa Manila – One of the best Filipino restaurants in Toronto
- Doma – This new French-inspired Korean restaurant is a breath of fresh air in Asian Fusion.
- Fishman Lobster Clubhouse – My favourite lobster place, and a great seafood restaurant in general
- Gyubee – AYCE Japanese BBQ serving premium quality meat.
- Japango – My favourite sushi joint in Downtown Toronto
- KaKa All You Can Eat – One of my favourite Japanese AYCE restaurant for its aburi sushi and some items not found in other AYCE places
- Lai Wah Heen – This upscale Chinese restaurant serves some of the best dimsum in Toronto. It was No. 79 in Canada’s 100 Best Restaurants in 2016.
- Le Baratin – This new French restaurant serves some of the best French food at a very reasonable price.
- Matsuda (Don Mills Location) – My overall favourite Japanese AYCE restaurant. Amazing grilled items and has both amaebi (sweet shrimp) and ika (squid) sashimi
- MeNami – Best place for udon
- Millie – Best place for mille crepe cakes
- Muncheez – Never was into savoury crepes until I went here. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can try oven-roasted crickets here.
- Olde York Fish & Chips – Best for fish & chips and onion rings!
- Pai – My favourite place for Thai food
- Pancho’s Bakery – Best place for churros
- Peking Duck Kitchen – This new hidden gem Peking Duck restaurant has become my favourite. The Chef used to work for Beijing’s top peking duck restaurant, Quanjude
- Peter’s Fine Dining – My favourite steakhouse overall and it’s in Markham
- Pizzeria Libretto – My favourite place for Italian pizza
- Ramen Isshin – They have unique ramen offerings like the Black Sesame Tan Tan Noodle and Shoyu Kotteri Tsukemen
- Sansotei – My favourite for ramen. I always get the Tonkotsu Black.
- Terroni – My favourite for general Italian food.
- Zen Japanese Restaurant – My favourite sushi joint overall
If you aren’t able to dine-in and the restaurant doesn’t have its own delivery, consider these food apps. As my friends, I have deals for you:
- Ritual – Free $10 Credit when you sign up. Use Code “RAYMOND62198“.
- Uber Eats – $5 off a $15 Order with code “eats-raymondc1274ue“.
- DoorDash – $45 off ($15 off each of your first 3 orders) when you sign up here.
- Steer Rideshare and Foods – Up to $25 in Steer credits here! $15 off on your first order with Steer Foods and $10 off on your first ride with Steer Rideshare!
Hope this food guide gives you an idea on where to eat in Toronto! I’m always open to trying more restaurants so let me know what you find are the best restaurants in Toronto!
Travelling Foodie’s Top 29 Toronto Restaurants Map:
Monday 6th of March 2017
Oh, I love this list, Raymond! Good job compiling it!! I especially agree with Alo, Boralia, Doma (which we got to try together with Anh!), Fishman Lobster Clubhouse, Loka, and Millie! I still have to try some of the other ones on this list including Zen, Pizzeria Libretto, Gyubee, and some others. You ate at so many places in 2016! Cheers to 2017 and many more food adventures to come. :D
Tuesday 7th of March 2017
Thank you so much, Karen! Ohh, I think you're more likely to try the GTA ones haha! You went to so many places too! Definitely an eventful 2016 for us haha! Cheers to 2017 for more food and travel adventures to us!