One thing you’re going to love about Toronto is its food scene due to its diverse communities.
With the plethora of restaurants and cuisines to choose from, including new restaurants popping up every week, a lot of people ask me for my favourite restaurants in the city.
I’ve decided to make a post on some of the best restaurants in Toronto on a wide range of categories.
Some of the restaurants here are my go-to that I still frequent, and some are new restaurants. This list also includes restaurants in the Greater Toronto Area. In alphabetical order,
- Alo Restaurant – French tasting menu with a Michelin-level experience. Just crowned No. 1 in Canada’s 100 Best Restaurants in 2017.
- Boralia – Creative Canadian dishes that take you back in history with food
- Burrito Boyz – My favourite burrito joint since 2007
- Byblos – Best (Eastern) Mediterranean restaurant
- Casa Manila – Best Filipino restaurant
- Doma – This new French-inspired Korean restaurant is a breath of fresh air in Asian Fusion.
- El Caballito – My go-to for #TacoTuesdays where they serve really good tacos for $3.50
- Fishman Lobster Clubhouse – My favourite lobster place, and a great seafood restaurant in general
- Gyubee. – AYCE Japanese BBQ serving premium quality meat.
- Japango – My favourite sushi joint in Downtown Toronto
- Kaiju – This hidden gem at The Shops At Aura Food Court serves the best Japanese curry in Toronto
- KaKa All You Can Eat – One of my favourite Japanese AYCE restaurant for its aburi sushi and some items not found in other AYCE places
- Lai Wah Heen – This upscale Chinese restaurant serves some of the best dimsum in Toronto. It was No. 79 in Canada’s 100 Best Restaurants in 2016.
- Le Baratin – This new French restaurant serves some of the best French food at a very reasonable price.
- Loka – Menu changes daily based on local ingredients sourced on the same day
- Matsuda (Don Mills Location) – My overall favourite Japanese AYCE restaurant. Amazing grilled items and has both amaebi (sweet shrimp) and ika (squid) sashimi
- MeNami – Best place for udon
- Millie – Best place for mille crepe cakes
- Muncheez – Never was into savoury crepes until I went here. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can try oven-roasted crickets here.
- review of Olde York Fish & Chips – Best for fish & chips and onion rings!
- Pai – My favourite place for Thai food
- Pancho’s Bakery – Best place for churros
- Peking Duck Kitchen – This new hidden gem Peking Duck restaurant has become my favourite. The Chef used to work for Beijing’s top peking duck restaurant, Quanjude
- Peter’s Fine Dining – My favourite steakhouse overall and it’s in Markham
- Pizzeria Libretto – My favourite place for Italian pizza
- Ramen Isshin – They have unique ramen offerings like the Black Sesame Tan Tan Noodle and Shoyu Kotteri Tsukemen
- Sansotei – My favourite for ramen. I always get the Tonkotsu Black.
- Terroni – My favourite for general Italian food.
- Zen Japanese Restaurant – My favourite sushi joint overall
Hope this food guide gives you an idea on where to eat in Toronto! I’m always open to trying more restaurants so let me know what you find are the best restaurants in Toronto!
Travelling Foodie’s Top 29 Toronto Restaurants Map: